Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Teaching Kids to Dress Themselves

It’s a usual weekday morning and you’re rushing to get out the door to make it on time for work. Your child is still trying to pull up his socks. You do a quick once over making sure everything is on correctly and then continue with your busy day. Sound familiar?
  
Most toddlers will try to start dressing themselves by around 2 years old. 
This builds their confidence and gives them a sense of achievement and independence.  It also helps develop their motor skills, become more aware of what clothes work for each season and helps them focus on finishing a task. Every child has different developmental skills and will learn at their own rate. 

Teaching your child to dress takes lots of practice and even more patience. So parents, take a deep breath because here is a helpful solution to make this daily necessity a little easier. I created Ez Sox because my son was struggling each morning with getting dressed. Something clicked when I saw he just did not have the finger strength to hold onto the side of his socks and pull them up straight. It was my ‘AHA’ moment.

I sewed two small loops on the top of his socks and he immediately pulled them up. I would never have thought that only a few years later thousands of kids would have fun using Ez Sox while learning to put on their socks. 

It’s been wonderful getting letters from parents telling me how much their children love wearing Ez Sox.

As my business has grown and with the addition of our underwear line, Ez Undeez, my company is developing into the ‘Go To’ place for parents to buy kids socks and underwear that truly make it easier for your child to dress themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment