How to teach children to put a sock on a foot eHow.com
Putting on socks seems incredibly obvious to adults, but it can be a bit tricky for young children, who lack hand-eye coordination and an understanding of the world around them. Here is how to teach them to do it.
1. Find a pair of tube socks that are the right size for your child. Young kids have trouble with heels, so tube socks are the way to go at first.
2. Open up the sock with your fingers to show the child the opening.
3. Have him put his foot in the opening while you hold the sock open.
4. Pull the sock up a bit, making sure the child is watching. Then have her try. Continue until the sock is all the way on, being sure to point out that the sock should be straight with no creases when it is all the way on.
5. When the sock is all the way on, have him try it with the other sock. If he gets it, congratulate him. If not, have him take off the socks and try it again